Kyra Harris Bolden For Michigan Supreme Court
State Representative Kyra Harris Bolden is serving her second term representing Michigan’s 35th House District, which includes the communities of Southfield, Lathrup Village, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, and Franklin.
Rep. Harris Bolden serves as Michigan House Democratic Assistant Leader, and sits on the Insurance and Judiciary committees. She also serves as Democratic Vice Chair of the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules, is founder and co-chair of the Attorneys’ Caucus, member and past vice-president of the Progressive Women’s Caucus, and Chair of the House Democratic Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Committee.
A graduate of Southfield Public Schools, Bolden received her bachelor’s degree from Grand Valley State University and went on to attend the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law.
After receiving her Juris Doctorate, Rep. Harris Bolden became a civil litigation attorney. She is an active member of her community, serving as a member of the National Congress of Black Women-Oakland County, the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. and as a commissioner of the Total Living Commission for the city of Southfield.
Rep. Harris Bolden has received several awards including 2020 Michigan Chronicle 40 Under 40 honoree, 2021 Legislative Economic Development Champion Award and the 2021 Michigan Credit Union League Legislator of the Year award.
As a lifelong resident of Southfield, Harris Bolden is committed to serving the people of the 35th House District at the Capitol in Lansing by fighting for high quality jobs, criminal justice reform, health care and reproductive rights, and a world class education system.
- Grand Valley State University
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- National Congress of Black Women-Oakland County
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- Southfield Total Living Commission, Commissioner
- 2020 Michigan Chronicle 40 Under 40
- 2021 Legislative Economic Development Champion Award
- 2021 Michigan Credit Union League Legislator of the Year award
- AFL-CIO Michigan
- AFSCME Council 25
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
- Attorney General Dana Nessel
- Berrien Forward
- Collective PAC
- Congressman Andy Levin
- Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence
- Congresswoman Haley Stevens
- EQMI Action
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer
- Kent County Black Caucus
- Kent County Commissioner Monica Sparks
- Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ)
- Michigan Democratic Jewish Caucus
- Michigan Democratic Party (MDP)
- MEA Democratic Educators Caucus
- Michigan League of Conservation Voters
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters (MRCC)
- One Fair Wage 2022
- Planned Parenthood
- Rising Voices
- SEIU Michigan
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 80
- United Auto Workers (UAW)
- United Steel Workers